The Artist’s Suitcase: 26 Essentials for the Creative Journey
It’s time to finally unlock your creative potential.
In this game-changing guide for creatives of every kind, you’ll discover:
- The most important quality for success (hint: it’s not talent).
- The four questions you should ask when you’re criticized.
- A strategy for making failure your best friend.
- Why you must learn to say “no” and take back control of your time.
The Artist’s Suitcase pulls back the curtain on creativity and shows you the essentials in bite-sized chapters. Prepare to reignite your creative life!
This book is a fantastic resource! Kent Sanders packed this book full with helpful, useful information. If you’re stuck, need encouragement or have a goal you want to accomplish, The Artist’s Suitcase will give you direction for your journey.
—Jim Woods, Writing Coach and author of Hit the Mark!
Can You Answer “Yes” to Any of These Questions?
- Do you feel like you’ve lost your way as an artist?
- Are you stuck in your creative life and in need of some inspiration?
- Are you looking for practical advice on navigating doubt and fear, dealing with critics, figuring out your priorities, and taking control of your time?
If so, this book is for you!
The Artist’s Suitcase is all about getting back to the basics of what it means to be an artist. In the book, I share . . .
- How your attitude determines whether you’re like a thermostat or thermometer
- Why a monster lurks behind every blank page
- How the movie Ratatouille can help you learn to deal with critics
. . . and much more encouragement and practical wisdom for artists of all kinds!
Sometimes in the complexity and confusion of life we forget about the basics. The Artist’s Suitcase will help you re-orient your creative spirit and remind you of the essentials for your journey as an artist.
Creative people of all kinds will find a lot to love in The Artist’s Suitcase. Whether you are a podcaster, writer, speaker, leader, coach, musician, or do any type of creative work, you’ll find dozens of practical tips and lots of encouragement to help you change the world. Do yourself a favor in dive into this book!
—Jimmy Burgess, author of the Amazon #1 Bestseller What Just Happened? How to Bounce Back in Life
Download a Free Chapter
Want to read a sample chapter from The Artist’s Suitcase? Click the link below to download the Introduction and first chapter, “A is for Attitude.”
All I can say is “Wow!” The Artist’s Suitcase is a book that will always be on my bookshelf as I continue in my own personal creative journey. The resources, ideas and encouragement are limitless in this short and sweet book. Kent writes in a way that any artist can relate to, giving engaging examples and advice you’ll want to hold onto; his ideas are invaluable. This book is a must-read for every artist, no matter your niche. You won’t regret it!
—Ally Keaton, Program Director of The Global Village Project
When you purchase any edition (print, e-book, audio) of The Artist’s Suitcase, you also receive access to these special bonuses:
- Audio and PDF versions of the book.
- An exclusive workbook that includes the reflection questions and space to record your answers.
- A playlist of songs that reflect the themes of the book. I’ve personally selected these songs as a “soundtrack for the creative journey.”
In The Artist’s Suitcase, Kent Sanders invites and facilitates introspection with the perfect blend of personal and professional transparency, encouragement and advice. Best of all, Kent offers these treasures in a conversational tone that reveals the heart of a friend who wants you to thrive in your craft—and helps you know that you can. The Artist’s Suitcase? More like The Artist’s Treasure Chest.
—Henry Matlock, Author of The Bible Cure For Anxiety and Daily Deposits for the Soul
A Little About Me
I’m a writer, musician, and professor. I teach courses on film, theology, guitar, writing, technology, worship, and arts at St. Louis Christian College in Florissant, Missouri. It’s a great place to teach and work.
I write about the creative process, productivity, and the arts here at KentSanders.net. This is my second book; my first one was 30 Days of Evernote for Churches.
I live just outside St. Louis, Missouri with my wife Melanie and son Ben. We have a neurotic cat named Sandy and an emotionally needy Australian shepherd named Madison.